Graphic novel reflection

 My most exciting ideas is the ones that i bring into this class from another one. For example, the ideas I've learned in my media literacy class has been implemented into this graphic novel. The graphic level format allowed for me to get my thoughts out simply. Instead of writing each thought out and having to clarify with many details, there is limited space.The audience doesn’t want an essay as a graphic novel. 

When me and my partner discussed my novel we had a really great conversation . One reading that influenced and enlightened me was a text called “author/ity”. This text is similar to my graphic novel and breaks down the real definition of authority. I learned so many things in my media literacy that I have tried to implement into my graphic novel. Don’t get me wrong there is many thoughts that originally came from me but with the use of other knowledge, I was able to create my graphic novel. My novel was mainly about the terror that goes on in this world and the dark secrets that are hidden from us. I feel a lot of us live our lives on autopilot and never think to question why does it feel like this. My piece is really meant to represent the evil of the world and the origins of it. Im a firm believer in money is the root of all evil and that’s where our 4 devils come from, envy, hate , jealousy and lust. I included the pyramids because they have significant meaning in todays age. The Egyptians questioned life and in their time they didn’t have the answers to what the pyramids are. A lot of people believe the pyramids were here before the Egyptian time but the Egyptians had great knowledge that has been hidden from us to this day. Overall I like getting into deep topics like this and that’s why I did my page the way I did. 

Comments

Popular Posts