Interview on Achilleas.

 Today I interviewed a newcomer all the way from Greece. His name is Achilleas. The first question was what you think about food and identity, he says “yea food is nice.” He tells me they eat many heroes and gyros in his country. He says there is a lot of love in Greece. He also says Historically Greek people are famous for being friendly and helping each other. Their olive oil has its own identity and that's something they are famous for. I showed Achilleas my blogger and specifically my recipe. He said the quote “If everything's the same then nothing is special '' really hit him. I asked him “Do you have anyone special in Greece?” He said, “his mom.” My next question was “What makes her different from the rest?’ He said, “Because she's, MY Mom.” “Why is your mom unique?” He says his mother's “care” is what makes her identity. “How does your mother's care differ from the rest?’ Achilleas says his mother provided him with everything he ever needed. The next question I asked Achilleas was how old his mother was. I aimed this question at him because her age is also part of her identity. He said “54.” I compared this to my mother who is 34. This separates them and creates their identity. My last question was “How does this relate to food and identity?” Achilleas said, “My mom relates to food because my whole life she has cooked food for me, so every time I think of food I think of my mom.” I would argue every dish has ever eaten made him who he is today.

Comments

Popular Posts